Improved Detection, Testing, Documentation and Customization
The last months brought many small improvements to the detection code and more translations.
Especially changes in the User-Agent strings of the new Edge browser
and the version jump was adressed. Another fixed issue is that Safari on iPadOS pretends to be the desktop user agent, which caused some errors.
Furthermore, a lot of work has been put into improving the way to test the detection script:
This brought also a site to test it and improved documentation
- take care of edge version jump between 18 and 79 when specifying relative to latest version
(e.g. with current Edge 80 e:-4 is translated to e:16 instead of e: 76)
- Chrome version 82 was skipped by google. Taking this into account we prolong the grace period until chrome 83 is available on all devices. For now marking Chrome 81 as latest version.
- latest version of iOS is for most devices 12.3, fixes #490
- Workaround for Safari on iPadOS 13 pretending to be desktop user agent, fixes #459
New Options / Features:
- now you can use custom notification messages for different browsers (experimental).
Fixes #433 and #388
- added browser info to the options object, so you can get the information on the current browser, fixes #471
- created a detailed test-page for the script